Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Another new blog.

This is certainly a great era in which to homeschool. Not only did our mothers have to deal with it being illegal in a lot of states during the '80s but information on how to homeschool was scarce. Slowly books came out on how to teach your kids and organize your life around homeschooling. There were conferences you could attend. But you had to have the money for the books and the conferences if you were lucky enough that a speaker came to your area.

But now we have the internet....in seconds we can find information on just about anything we could think of. Some people say you don't even need a formal curriculum to homeschool because there are so many things online that you can use.

I have come across many things myself and thought I would start this blog to share them. I probably wont be posting many personal experience stories or telling you how you should teach your kids. My oldest is only 7 so it's not like I have loads of experience, yet. Also, a lot of what I share will be more from a relaxed, "unschooling" perspective since that's "how we roll". ;)

No comments: